Monday, December 23, 2013

Progress news

Hey guys!

I am sure you are interested in my academic paper’s progressJ. I’ve got good news for you: it’s getting ahead.

I followed some of the useful tips and strategies we learned at the “Proseminar-Tutorium”: You do not have to begin with the first topic – start wherever you want. I began with something I am really interested in – how organic farming influences the soil and the biodiversity. For this reason, I visited the official EU website for organic farming and also watched some videos on YouTube. I wasn’t aware that more than 75,000 plants are considered edible for humans. Nevertheless, the majority of Western food is made from 12 plants and 14 animal species. For this reason, over the last 100 years about three quarters of the genetic diversity of agricultural crops has been lost. This fact really surprised me and I knew that I had to put this in my paper.

What else? I started with the chapters “the organic farming logo” and “impacts of organic farming on animals”. These are also some pretty interesting topics. I also looked at Hendriks feedback and his corrections and can promise you – I won’t & can’t be idle over the Christmas holidays. There is still much text to be written and many corrections to be made.

Happy Xmas everyone!

Look, it's snowing!! (Thanks to my brother who did this :))

No comments:

Post a Comment