Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Cake&Allie


It wasn't easy for me to write about my favorite food blog, but now I think I found the perfect one. I read about 50 different blogs but always was not satisfied with what I found. The most important thing for me was to present you a “sweet blog”, a blog with dessert recipes. I love baking and therefore was curious when I discovered how many different kinds of food blogs there are on the internet.

I noticed that some of them used very less pictures which was bad for me because I am a visual person. I have to see the desserts.

Many other blogs had too many writing on it. If I am interested in a particular recipe I do not want to read a novel about how the person discovered the recipe, what all his/her friends think about it….
For me, a short introduction, ingredients, preparation and (of course) a big (!) picture are enough.
So, after beating around the bush about which food blog qualities are important for me, I am presenting you the one which meets (nearly) all requirements.


Allie (as you may have guessed) is the name of the person who is responsible for this food blog. She blogs not only about sweet dishes but has also recipes for soups, salads, main dishes…
As I mentioned before, I tried to find a pure dessert blog (which is clearly not the fact but I ask you to ignore this – I did the same 
) and for this reason only concentrated on her desserts.
I found pretty cool recipes and also great photos. Unfortunately I am not sure wheter it is allowed to publish the images or not. For this reason I present you my Top Five list in the written version (simply click on them and you will see the pictures).

2.     Oreo Truffles
4.     Tuxedo Cake


They look and sound amazing, don’t they? I can’t wait to go home next week and try some of them out. Baking here in Graz is too strenuous for me because I do not have all the ingredients and tools (and I do not want to do all the washing-up on my own).

Now, I would like to invite you to get inspired by these recipes and (if you are interested if they taste as good as they look on the pictures) try some of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment