Monday, March 11, 2013

Challenge 1

I am not sure if it is too late for Challenge 1 but I was so busy last week and therefore I decided to post my sign now because I am thinking about it all the time. I was not able to find a funny sign in Graz, I just found some correct ones but this was too boring. When I was in New Zealand I took this picture because I saw it every day and I am still wondering if it makes sense or not. It is an advertisement for “Liquor King”, a well-known company in New Zealand which sells alcohol. This is the sign:

Dscn2619

If it is the best liquor store in the world, it is automatically the best one in New Zealand and it would be enough to write “World’s best liquor store”. If it is the best liquor store in NZ, it is not automatically the best one in the world. Maybe there is a better one somewhere else?
Perhaps it is possible to write it like this but from my point of view it sounds strange.
What do you think about it?

1 comment: