Thursday, April 11, 2013

Cakes ♥

I love to be creative, theoretically. I’m neither able to draw nor to knit. I can’t do handicrafts and am not very patient when it comes to gluing small pieces together.
However, there is one creative activity I could spend hours with, without being bored or impatient – baking and decorating cakes.
I was always fascinated when I saw these eye-catching and colorful masterpieces in a shop or the internet. That’s why I decided to buy myself a cake-decorating book (50 Easy Party cakes, Debbie Brown) and watched many online tutorials.

The first fancy cake I have ever baked was for a friend’s birthday party. She was so excited about her birthday present that she “booked” me for the next party :).
Decorating cakes and buying handy stuff can be really addictive. I discovered some interesting online shops and ordered among others different kinds of food coloring, chocolate-flavored marzipan and edible, sparkling food glitter.
I know that I am not as good as a professional confectioner but I love to do it and it’s also the perfect way for expressing my creativity.

If you are interested, here are some of my cakes :).
Bull Jelly_bears Snakes Hibiscus

No comments:

Post a Comment