Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Where everyone is quiet...



This post is about my passion for scuba diving.
I wanted to learn diving since I was 5 or 6 years old. My mother always told me: “You can learn diving when you are old enough and have enough money for the course”.
Luckily it didn’t take that long because when my aunt asked me about my confirmation wish I quickly answered “a diving course, what else?”
I wasn’t really sure if she would accept my wish, but it was worth a try. On my confirmation day I was very excited and nervous. I couldn’t wait to open my aunt’s present.
When we came back from the church she told me that she had bought something really nice for me. She turned to her car and gave me….. a big, white balloon! “Oh wow a balloon, thank you”, I replied and thought ‘Oh my god, a balloon! That’s it?’
“Open it”, she said.
“But you cannot open a balloon without destroying it”, I answered.
“Then destroy it, here’s a needle for you”.
I was confused and not totally sure whether to destroy it or not. So I just stood there and watched my family.
“I can help you”, my brother shouted.
He took the needle and burst the balloon. Suddenly about ten or fifteen plastic “sea creatures” fell out. My aunt had filled the balloon with them (I don’t know how she did that).
I was totally surprised and all of a sudden realized that this must be a symbol for the diving course. I looked at her and asked “Really?”
“I hope it’s okay”, she said with a smile.
“It’s more than okay, it’s absolutely awesome”, I replied.

A few weeks later I had my first diving lesson and I loved it from the very first moment. Since then I use every possibility for going diving.
The most amazing place I have dived so far was the red sea. There I saw some of my favorite animals such as “Masked Butterfly Fish”, “Anemone Fish” and turtles. I will never forget the last dive in Egypt when I saw two dolphins.

This was the best present I ever received and I will always love my aunt for it!

These are not my pictures but it really is that beautiful.






No comments:

Post a Comment