Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Only the truth


Last Saturday was pretty exciting for me. Together with my two brothers we went to the latest Dieter Nuhr show in Vienna. As this was my birthday present from them I was really looking forward to seeing him.
I am a huge fan of Mr. Nuhr, read some of his books, watched many videos online and his audio book is, because of the length (four hours) and his voice ideal for relaxing and also sleeping
J. His new tour is called “Nuhr die Wahrheit” (Only the truth) where he states his opinion very clearly. All of his previous shows contain his last name “Nuhr”, for example “Nuhr unter uns” (between ourselves) or “Nuhr am Leben” (only alive).

If you don’t know Dieter Nuhr, here some facts:
  • · Nuhr is a German comedian and lives in Rathingen.
  • · He studied art and history in order to become a teacher.
  • · Nuhr won the German Comedy-Price twice (2003&2010)
  • · He is one of the most successful comedians in Germany    (more than 200.000 people visit his live shows every year).
  • · Dieter Nuhr is married and has got a daughter
  • · His famous saying is: "Wenn man keine Ahnung hat: Einfach mal Fresse halten," which means, "If you have no idea: just keep your mouth shut."

Last weekend was the first time I saw him live on stage and I was really surprised. He did not have any stage design except for a chair and a microphone stand. At the beginning he explained why he does not use and like videowalls. The audience would fully concentrate on the screens and won’t look at him any more (I think he is absolutely right). The show lasted two hours and was so funny that I almost died laughing. After the encore (where he read the first chapter of his new book “The perfect day”) I got the chance to ask him for an autograph and even took a picture with him.


This was one of the best birthday presents ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment